31 December 2008

Dry bones

"The Lord took hold of me, and I was carried away by the Spirit of the Lord to a valley filled with bones. He led me all around among the bones that covered the valley floor. They were scattered everywhere across the ground and were completely dried out. Then he asked me, “Son of man, can these bones become living people again?”

“O Sovereign Lord,” I replied, “you alone know the answer to that.”

Then he said to me, “Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, ‘Dry bones, listen to the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again! I will put flesh and muscles on you and cover you with skin. I will put breath into you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” Ezekiel 37:1-6 NLT

Can these dry bones live again? If they listen to the Word of the Lord, yes. But without that Word, they will remain dry...lifeless...useless. Disconnected and broken. A testimony of nothing but the desiccating power of the wind.

Thus passes 2008.

Will 2009 be different? Definitely. Better? See me in a year.

No comments: