24 August 2013

Day 24: Special Report!

I married my best friend today!

I always heard that your spouse is supposed to be your best friend, but I never thought that was possible. How could a best friend be someone of the opposite sex? Men & Women are just too different!

Then I met my lovely new bride. It’s scary how much alike we are! Good in some ways, not so good in others. We share some of the same weaknesses that will make life challenging at times, but we make each other better people. We make each other better parents. And we’re not completely identical! She challenges me in some areas and I challenge her in others. I have a hard time being silly and she sometimes has a hard time being serious. I can truly say she completes me, and I’m happier than I ever dreamed I’d be!

“Paulie: [talking about Adrian] “You like her?

Rocky: “Sure, I like her.

Paulie: “What's the attraction?

Rocky: “I dunno... she fills gaps.

Paulie: “What's 'gaps'?

Rocky: “I dunno, she got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps.”

No comments: