25 March 2007

Kicking and Screaming...

is the way I am draggin myself into the 20th century. Yes, I know this is the 21st century, one at a time, one at a time.

First, I am REALLY new at this. I've read a few blogs, but I've never even posted to one, let alone hosted one.

Second, I am a very good speller. I am also a TERRIBLE typist! So any poor spelling can probably be attributed to clumsy fingers.

Third, I am not intolerant of dissenting opinions, but arguing with some people is like trying to teach an orangutan to use post hole diggers. This is MY space. If you want to get into nasty personal derogatory comments, start your own blog, I don't owe anyone anything. Someone posted a few weeks ago in a different venue that I "get along with almost everyone [I] meet." I consider that one of the nicest compliments anyone has ever given me. It would be even better if it were true!

Anyway, if you're one of the first few in here, it's because I invited you, welcome! If I didn't invite you, don't be offended, I couldn't invite everyone!

Lastly, I have three kids. One has cerebral palsy. I'm typing this sitting in my living room on my wife's laptop. She works weekend nights, and sometimes week nights. If I'm not working, I've probably got all three kids. So I don't have time to make this a constant stream of consciousness. If I don't respond immediately, I'm not ignoring you. Well, not necessarily. I might be, but maybe I'm just busy! That said, I'm one of those people who checks his email umpteen times a day, and can't understand people who go two or three days without checking it!

I've got several controversies going on right now, some I'm intimately involved in, some I'm heavily involved in, and some I'm only peripherally involved in. Don't expect much comment on the intimate ones. I've spoken to a few personally about that issue, and I appreciate those folks prayers more that they know. I'll occasionally comment on the others.

One comment about my comments: I'm right about everything. Seriously, if I take a position, it's because I think I'm right! I mean, what idiot takes a position that they themselves do not believe in?! However, I try to always be reasonable. If you can convince me with a logical argument that I am in error, I'll alter my position. I have actually argued myself out of my own position before, because while defending it, I convinced myself I that I couldn't defend it! But don't expect me to believe your "truth" simply because YOU do!

Enough of this for now. I have laundry to do. If you drop by, at least say hi! And if you have blog experience, feel free to share any advice!

To Jesus Christ be the glory,
Steve

4 comments:

Tuck Sackett said...

This ought to be fun (insert evil grin). You are always starting something and then I have to jump in for the ride. You ought to be able to keep control of this one.

WT said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I have bookmarked and will keep an eye on it often. :-)

Unknown said...

It's BLOG! It's BLOG!
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood!
It's BLOG! It's BLOG!
It's better than bad, it's good!

Mackheath said...

Ahh... This is better. I edited my profile a little bit.