05 August 2013

Day 05. Something you hope to do in your life.

Easy.  Travel.  I've never been much of anywhere, and have never considered myself the traveling kind, but my fiancee' has open my eyes to a world of possibilities I never would have seen sitting on my butt in front of the TV.  She's traveled fairly extensively, and the stories she has to tell are amazing.  I love the idea of revisiting some of those places and sharing them with her, and making a list of our own, new experiences to have together.  I expect it'll expand faster than it gets checked off, but our current travel bucket list looks something like this:

Mexico
Hawaii (Maui or Kona, we've both been to Oahu)
China (to walk on the Great Wall)
Japan
Transylvania
South Africa
New York City
Washington DC
New Zealand/Australia
Ireland/UK
Canadian Rockies
Alaska

Suggestions?  Where have you been?  Anyplace you x go back to?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes being a visitor and explorer in your own city is an eye opener. travel is great but so is knowing the great things about where you live.

Unknown said...

Traveling the world is soothing your soul. I love seeing more countries, get to know how people live, eat, drink, sleep. The most mind-blowing experience so far I had in Asia. Everything is so different. The traffic, the food, the mentality. Now, I live at the other side of the world and still I can't stop seeing new places. It can be very addictive :)Go out yourself, go beyond the US and you will be surprised what you will find out there and within yourself :)

Miriam said...

I would love to go to Ireland, Brazil and Australia at some point in my life. Realistically can't do that until my kids are much older! I can wait because at least I have traveled however not done yet.

Anonymous said...

Boston. New Mexico. The National Parks. I'm amazed by how much diversity there is to see in the US.
LA