06 August 2013

Day 06. Something you hope you never have to do.

This one is easy: Go to the morgue and identify a body.  No, seriously, I read stories of people who have to view the remains of a loved one after some horrible accident, and I can think of nothing worse that I could be asked to do.  Face a grizzly with a switch? Check.  Work at manual labor (I'm a banker) until my fingers bleed to provide food for my family?  Check.  But this?  No way.

I have three kids, and soon will have five, with my wife-to-be's two, and I can't bear the thought of losing any of them, or the love of my life.  I've been told it's selfish to not want to outlive them, and I guess it is.  But as bad as losing them would be, having something like this be the last memory I have of them terrifies me.

No comments: