28 August 2013

Day 28. What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?

Rejoice!

No, seriously! It’s pretty unlikely, though.

When I met my wife, I was 47 years old, and convinced that my baby days were over! My youngest child was 10, and most women in their mid-forties aren’t looking to carry a baby, either!

But my wife was only 39 when we met, and we both love the idea of creating a little life together. But after some serious discussion, we opted to take that possibility off the table. Pregnancy, for both parents, is tough after 40, and the chances of some sort of complications increase exponentially. I have mixed feelings about it. I’d love to create a mini version of my lovely wife! But I have a son to carry on the Spencer name, and having a baby would alter life as we know it in ways that are legion. God has blessed me with five wonderful kids, and I’m content with the quiver I’ve been given! Psalm 127:5

No comments: